Senate District 6
James Beach -- 22,902Communities in Burlington and Camden counties make up this district.
Phil Mitsch -- 14,110
Phil Mitsch -- 14,110
The Democrat defends his seat against a Republican.
More on this race on NJ Spotlight
From the Courier Post: Two unions withdraw support of state Senate candidate Phil Mitsch
From National Review Online: Phil Mitsch's Populism
From The Star-Ledger: Twitter-using N.J. Senate candidate Phil Mitsch: Knucklehead of the Week
From the Philadelphia Inquirer: Candidate loses GOP backing over 'sex advice' tweets
From the Philadelphia Inquirer: N.J. candidate apologizes for sex-advice tweet
Browse other races
Browse election coverage on NJ Spotlight
WINNER: James Beach - Incumbent (D)
Property damage specialist, All Risk
Phil Mitsch (R)
Economic And Real Estate Market Recovery Expert And Trainer
WINNER: James Beach - Incumbent
- Biographical Information
- In brief, what will be your top three priorities if elected (one sentence each, please).
- Should the state provide more school choice for children, including the expansion of charter schools, vouchers for private schools and enabling children to attend public schools outside of their home districts?
- Would you make any changes to how schools are funded by the state, including so-called Abbott districts and wealthier suburban localities?
- Should the state continue to adopt regional planning initiatives to prevent sprawl, and if so, how should preservation be funded?
- Do you support Gov. Christie's energy master plan or would you seek more lofty goals for conservation and renewable energy?
- Experts say New Jersey's transportation infrastructure is crumbling. How should the state fund upgrades: continued bonding or borrowing, a gas tax, toll hikes or some other specified method?
- What would you do to provide relief for property taxpayers -- for example, further program cuts, additional state aid and rebates -- and should municipalities and schools be forced to do more to regionalize or share services?
- What can be done to improve the public discourse here in New Jersey?
To create your ballot please enter your address, city, and zip code.
Become A NJ Spotlight Member!
Comment on anything and everything we publish.
Join the conversation. Or sign up for our free weekly news digest.