Senate District 5
Donald Norcross -- 16,283This district includes portions of the counties of Gloucester and Camden, including the city of Camden.
Keith Walker -- 12,903
Keith Walker -- 12,903
A Republican newcomer is challenging the Democratic incumbent.
More on this race on NJ Spotlight
From the Gloucester County Times: Dems retain legislative seats in 5th
From the Gloucester County Times: In 5th Dist., stick with Dems
From the Courier Post: GOP faces battle for Assembly in 5th Dist.
From the Gloucester County Times: Fifth Legislative District GOP candidates poised to balance new district dynamics, economic issues
From the Gloucester County Times: Fifth District hopefuls answer fuel tax question
From philly.com: Senate candidates in New Jersey Fifth District emphasize jobs, education
Browse other races
Browse election coverage on NJ Spotlight
WINNER: Donald Norcross - Incumbent (D)
Assistant business manager, IBEW Local 351
Keith Walker (R)
WINNER: Donald Norcross - Incumbent
- Biographical Information
- In brief, what will be your top three priorities if elected (one sentence each, please).
- Should the state provide more school choice for children, including the expansion of charter schools, vouchers for private schools and enabling children to attend public schools outside of their home districts?
- Would you make any changes to how schools are funded by the state, including so-called Abbott districts and wealthier suburban localities?
- Should the state continue to adopt regional planning initiatives to prevent sprawl, and if so, how should preservation be funded?
- Do you support Gov. Christie's energy master plan or would you seek more lofty goals for conservation and renewable energy?
- Experts say New Jersey's transportation infrastructure is crumbling. How should the state fund upgrades: continued bonding or borrowing, a gas tax, toll hikes or some other specified method?
- What would you do to provide relief for property taxpayers -- for example, further program cuts, additional state aid and rebates -- and should municipalities and schools be forced to do more to regionalize or share services?
- What can be done to improve the public discourse here in New Jersey?
To create your ballot please enter your address, city, and zip code.
Become A NJ Spotlight Member!
Comment on anything and everything we publish.
Join the conversation. Or sign up for our free weekly news digest.